Recommendations to keep your tree looking beautiful through the holidays:
- Cut 1/2" off the butt of the tree, place it in water and leave outside overnight, or as long as possible, before bringing it inside.
- Always keep the trunk of the tree immersed in water. A fresh cut tree should be checked at least 3 times a day. If it runs dry just once, it is unlikely that the tree will absorb any more water and it may accelerate drying.
- Place your tree in a cool area and near a window. Keep the tree away from heating vents or cover the heating vents if necessary. Warm rooms without sufficient moisture are tough on fresh cut trees and may cause them to dry out.
After the holidays...please RECYCLE:
Your Christmas tree is a natural product that can be recycled. Each year more consumers are discovering the recyclable, renewable benefits of real Christmas trees. Tree recycling provides a tangible and real completion of the recycle circle. So, real Christmas trees are a good choice for your community, the environment, and your family. For more ideas visit www.Earth911.com.
- Christmas trees are biodegradable- the trunk and branches can be chipped and used as mulch, or the branches used as garden mulch
- Sunk into private fish ponds trees make excellent refuge and feeding areas, and good habitat for fish.
- Use needles for making aromatic stuffing for sachets.
- Remove and use branches as garden mulch.
Most importantly, don't burn your Christmas tree in a fireplace or wood stove. Burning the tree may contribute to creosote buildup.
Back to Top
Home | About Us | Our Trees | Tree Care | Photo Gallery | Contact Us
1550 Moon Mountain Drive, Sonoma CA 95476 (707) 996-6454 ©2005 SOGO Creative, Sonoma CA